Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Easy Origami for the Easily Bored: Ninja Star

Ever felt like you should be doing something instead of bumming around the house but were too lazy to make too much effort? Feeling unproductive can be extremely demoralizing.

Sometimes a few easy models are just the answer. Not much effort required, but you still have that feeling of satisfaction at the end. I've decided to start a series of Easy Origami for the Easily Bored. In this series, you will find some simple models that will help you pass the time. For the first in this series, I decided to make my very first tutorial!

In this video, I will show you how to make this eight-pointed modular ninja star. The star opens into this cool disc-shaped object which I have been told looks like Xena's chakram! It's a very cool model and only requires a bit of repetition and precision.




















I noticed that the traditional way of making this model leaves a lot of creases all over your disc/star, so I tried to make this model with as few creases as possible. Let me know what you think!










4 comments:

  1. This thing is hard to make!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the tutorial not clear enough, or were you having trouble with a particular step I could offer clarification on?

      Delete
  2. Excellent tutorial. Perfectly clear instructions. Worked first time, thank you

    ReplyDelete