Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

I read somewhere that the color blue was initially associated with St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. However, green somehow came to replace it. I'm not complaining; green is a great color, and what better color for this Feast celebrated in the Emerald Isle? Plus, it gave me an excuse to make all this green origami.


First some clovers for good luck. For tutorials, check out happypuppytruffles' YouTube channel.



The one on the right was made with three units instead of four.
I then folded the flaps sideways to create a kind of stem.

 And of course, a top hat complete with Shamrock. Here are some helpful guidelines: page 1 - 2, but I pretty much improvised it.


 


And finally, here are some rosettes I thought could serve as nice decorations or traditional St. Patrick's Day badges. This is really more kirigami than origami, but fun nevertheless.





















Well, the day is almost over and I have not seen a leprechaun yet. There are also rarely any rainbows in the city what with pollution and all. I gotta say though, I'm running out of origami paper, and that pot of gold would have come in handy.

But anyway, Happy Saint Paddy's Day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment