Friday, March 8, 2013

Happy Teacher's/ Women's Day!

Well, I have not posted in ages. It only seems fit that I should post about two events at once today!




First, Happy Teacher's Day to all the wonderful teachers I know. 



I think Teacher's Day is celebrated on the 9th in Lebanon, but today was an official day off to celebrate our wonderful teachers, so this is appropriate. Today I'm not just thinking of my school and university teachers, but anyone who may have taught me something or helped me become a better person, whether they meant to or not. I know I would not be who I am today if it wasn't for all the people I've met, good and bad.



This thing I made is not strictly origami. I've recently become fascinated by pop-up art after getting my hands on this beautiful book by Benjamin Lacombe called Il était une fois. It has made me want to dabble in pop-up. Hence, this card I made for my wonderful supervisor.



It's part origami, part glue and inky fingers. It's a little bit messy, but it was only my second try, so I'm not too upset.




Second, a very Happy Women's Day to all the lovely ladies out there! 
(And a very average day to all the not-so-lovely ladies.)


Unfortunately, I know a truck-full of disappointing ladies I try to keep out of my life, but I'm infinitely grateful for the handful of beautiful women I know who I can look up to and trust. You know who you are.

 I hope you remembered to celebrate the women in your life today. And I hope all you ladies had a beautiful day. 
And, okay, gentlemen teachers, you're great too...



2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh out loud toward the end :P

    I would love to see more pop-up stuff in the future!

    ReplyDelete